Salt believes in employing the right talent. Talent equals brains, guts, and above all, heart. We choose hearty, salty talent that is complimented by tenacity, an eager willingness to learn, and a commitment to the company, themselves, and the rest of the team for the job at hand. Heart transcends gender, race, age, colour, sexual orientation, ethnic origin, religion, creed, or social or economic status.
Salt embraces and embodies our values: Challenge. Empower. Impact.
Every Saltie in their carefully selected role is viewed and treated as a valued contributor to the growth and the success of the company, with plenty and equal opportunity and access to training and coaching. This aims to ensure that they are enabled to achieve their career development goals.
Research has regularly demonstrated that when employees feel empowered at work, it is associated with stronger job performance, job satisfaction, and commitment to the organisation.
Laura Moss from EveryoneSocial, states that employee empowerment entails the following five elements in the workplace:
- Fostering an environment that encourages feedback and where employees feel psychologically safe voicing their ideas and opinions.
- Providing workers with resources, training, and educational opportunities to learn, grow and expand their positions.
- Giving employees more responsibilities, greater autonomy, the chance to lead, and the opportunity to take on entirely new roles.
- Regular performance reviews and one-on-one check-ins that occur throughout the year, so employees can set goals, provide feedback, and receive guidance and coaching.
- Recognising and rewarding workers for their contributions to the organisation.
I am a firm believer that growth comes through empowerment of yourself and others. Belief in yourself and belief in those around you, build confidence and trust, promote self-development and growth, personally and professionally.
So you can become the you you were born to be!
#DoItTheSaltWay #5IR #TechRev #OnsGeeOm #ThisIsHowWeRoll #TechnologyRevolutionist
By Sonja Coetzer