At Salt, our top concern is the wellbeing of our employees and supporting our customers in dealing with business impact during this challenging time. For many individuals and organizations, Microsoft Teams video-conferencing, chat and collaboration are playing an important role in helping people continue to work and collaborate.
Here is a list of upcoming events and resources available during this trying time, please see a quick summary here and more details on each below:
- Situational Response Management and Communications with Microsoft 365 webcast
- Working remotely during challenging times – letter from Lily Zheng Director, Microsoft China
- Guidance on how to Support remote workers using Microsoft Teams
- 6-month free trial for MS Teams
- Crisis Communication App – Set up and learn about the Crisis Communicator PowerApp Template
- Company Communicator App Template for MS Teams
- Teams + Health-Bot, How to use the Azure Health-Bot to hand off to a live agent using MS Teams
Healthcare professionals play a critical role in supporting the health, safety, and wellness of people around the world. Working in a complex care environment—made even more complex by events such as the spread of COVID-19—doctors, nurses, and other healthcare staff need access to tools that enable collaborative workflows to deliver high quality patient care. Both patients and clinicians need greater flexibility and convenience when it comes to being able to connect with each other across locations.
- Scheduled virtual visits for providers and patients
- Microsoft Graph API, organizations can incorporate Teams meetings into their unique healthcare workflows. The API supports the integration of both scheduling and meeting-join links into existing healthcare applications like electronic health records systems.
- Targeted communication
- New tools to help you meet compliance goals
- Healthcare customers share the benefits of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams